Monday, June 29, 2009

Family in Roma!

Kimberly and Chris finally arrived today!!

We ended up going on another walking tour of the city after they got settled in the hotel. We got Kim and Chris some paninis at the corner bar, and then walked down Via Nazionale toward the Victor Emmanuel Monument. We stopped by Trajan’s Forum and the AIRC and then went in Piazza Venezia to look down Via dei Fori Imperiali toward the Colosseum. Then, we walked past Trevi Fountain toward Via Rasella, where I used to live. We stopped to get some gelato at Valetino’s on the way. (Strawberry and Limone, yum!) Then, we walked back toward our hotel near Termini.

We relaxed for a bit, then went to dinner on the corner ristorante. Our waiter was so friendly and the food was delicious! Haha, but they were playing really loud American music videos on a TV in the room where we ate. Kind of distracting.

Kim and Chris started to get really tired during dinner – I’m surprised they lasted so long today. They’ve been trying to get here for three days, so I expected them to be a lot more tired.

We’re planning on seeing the Colosseum, Forums, Pantheon, and some churches tomorrow. Should be a really busy, but fun, day!

Ciao,
Ashley

PS - We have AC in our hotel. I really missed AC for a month, but now it's just making my toes cold. :)

3 comments:

  1. i have a secret. i love ashley haustein :)
    don't tell okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your posts, and they make me miss you and Roma!!

    I don't know if you're going to be in Rome come Sunday, but if you are, you haaaave to go to this market in Trastevere. It's literally like a mile long, but there are so many vendors for [cheap] clothes, shoes, purses/bags, knickknacks, jewelry, and so much more. It's really crowded, but quite fun to peruse if you want to get an intense taste of market shopping.

    Also, if you go to that, it'll put you sort of close to the Knights of Malta keyhole and vista, which you should totally check out too! If you still have internet, email me if you want directions/more info on either of these :)

    ciao Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YaY! I'm glad your family finally made it to Roma and safe. Haha the post before this was probably the longest blog post I have ever seen in my life but it's ok it gave me something to do during my break between classes. =]
    Love,
    Steph

    ps. Omg Cindy we have the same secret!

    ReplyDelete