Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shopping!

Hey beautiful people -

Just wanted to say that shopping was perfectissimo! Alex and I wandered down Corso for a bit, window shopping and getting "Ciao bella"-ed a bunch. :) I've gotta say that I was beginning to think that attractive Italian men were non-existent, but today I was proven wrong. (There were some boys in uniform...)

Alex and I got croissants and cappuccinos at a new place today right by the Trevi Fountain - it was awesome, and the guys who served us were really nice. But not too nice. And not creepy nice.

I bought some new sunglasses because the Cinqueterra ocean ate mine (silly waves), and they're pretty sweet. They aren't Gucci like I was hoping, but they'll do. :)

Then, Alex and I went into Sephora where I picked up my first perfume ever. It smells delicious. It's Lancome Miracle.

The two of us went to H&M (best store EVER) and shopped on the four floor store for a loooong time. I ended up buying a headband (my black one broke in Florence), four new shirts (three blue, one purple of course), and a new dress (yellow). The clothes are very cute - I'm excited to start wearing them. Haha, I'm such a girl.

Anyway, now we're going to work on our papers for a bit, and then we are going to cook dinner with Vicki and watch some more HIMYM (so addicting!). We bought this Strawberry-chello stuff the other day, and we're excited to try it tonight! :)

Ciao bella(s) ciao!
Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Non vedo l'ora di arrivarci e vederti!! (in simple terms - I can't wait to see you!). It has been a great experience reading your blog. It has honestly been my breakfast at work before I start each day. I couldn't be any closer to beeing in Italy unless I was there (which will be in 6 days wooooo!). I am so glad you are having a great time. Studying abroad in Italia was one of the best experiences I have ever had, and I am happy to see you are enjoying it to the fullest. I am also glad you are learning a ton about Roma, the arts, the historical cultures, etc. of course. We will be coming with open ears to everything that you have learned so be prepared to teach us! We want to experience the Frigidarium gelato too so be prepared to show us that as well.

    Enjoy your last week of the program! Make the most of the last few days with your program friends because you will never forget this adventure with them :)

    P.S. - I hope you get to watch the UT (the good UT, not Tennessee) baseball games this week. Hook 'em!

    P.P.S. - We must have the best and most similar artistic minds of anyone because some of your pictures look exactly like the ones I took when I was there. We just know how to take the best pictures of Italia. We are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA brother - we are so cool. I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so chris has started speaking in italian 90% of the time and it is making me PAZZA! can't wait to get there so he has someone else to converse with! :)

    ReplyDelete